The People's Republic of -Bread is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 466 million -Breadians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Breakfast. The average income tax rate is 40.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong -Breadian economy, worth 28.0 trillion Loaves a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 60,139 Loaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Pulling weeds is seen as a threat to national security, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', and copyright laws have been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Bread's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : -Bread was endorsed by The United Free Republics of Mallissa.
- : -Bread was endorsed by The Prosperous Land of Kethania.
- : -Bread was endorsed by The Republic of Puaco.
- : -Bread was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of Pan Kath.
- : -Bread was endorsed by The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri.
- : -Bread was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Czecho-Slovakian Union.
- : Following new legislation in -Bread, copyright laws have been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in -Bread, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in -Bread, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts.
- : Following new legislation in -Bread, pulling weeds is seen as a threat to national security.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Comuny, Trombossa, Flying-Penguins, Carrico, Exania, Liknovia, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Jus Publicum Europaeum, Democratic-Socialists, Canadian Democratic Republics, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Puaco, Kethania, and Mallissa.