|Leader||Princeps Alexius Arvernius|
The Federal Republic of A R V E R N A is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Princeps Alexius Arvernius with an even hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.349 billion Arvernians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternapolis. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arverner economy, worth 440 trillion Garnets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 131,657 Garnets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The A R V E R N A Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, interviewees for teaching jobs are waterboarded to "reveal undesirable histories", strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, and infantry are nicknamed "mushrooms" because they get fed crap and are left in the dark. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A R V E R N A's national animal is the Tyrannosaurus rex, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A R V E R N A was endorsed by The Free Land of Nibi Naabe.
- : A R V E R N A was endorsed by The Comforting Island Paradise of New Kowloon Bay.
- : A R V E R N A voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : A R V E R N A was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in A R V E R N A, infantry are nicknamed "mushrooms" because they get fed crap and are left in the dark.
- : Following new legislation in A R V E R N A, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
- : Following new legislation in A R V E R N A, interviewees for teaching jobs are waterboarded to "reveal undesirable histories".
- : Following new legislation in A R V E R N A, the A R V E R N A Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament.
- : Following new legislation in A R V E R N A, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : A R V E R N A endorsed The Glacieri of Alemputo.
Endorsements Received: 77 » The Soylent Green Party, Eist, Better Indonesia, Wysrod, QuazaFire, Blogotopia, Ignis Cinere, Dustwind, Future of Mankind, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Libertaritaritaritaria, Anisopterra, Seantonia, Valentian Elysium, The Republic of Osea, Greenmont Federation, Medetas, A Country Run by Scientists, Evertopia, Solarampa, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, Ali Faridi, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, Marxist Germany, Terra Royaume, Northern Nivaria, Namakan, United States of Island land, Pianaville, Makykay, Rhie, Ilfarasia, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Megistos, Pallas Athenaie, Mat She, Batona, Anollasia, Clialaad, Ner Epiand, Ultimate Wakanda, The Galactic American Imperium, Silvedania, and 27 others.Carthegia, S Mova Derat, Solsevara, Drewish, Vragar, Geonomia, Tzo, Airday, Ascended Union, The Snake Brotherhood, Krystalveil, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Mauryana, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Killettland, Tierra de Platanos, Gosheon, The Indian Royalty, Capea, Galimania, Alemputo, Venmere, Dorab, Thingvelir, New Kowloon Bay, and Nibi Naabe.