The Kingdom of Abadazad is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Shabaan al-Hamad with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, public floggings, and avant-garde cinema. The cynical, devout population of 2.134 billion Abadazadians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boomtown. The average income tax rate is 44.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Abadazadian economy, worth 197 trillion Keys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 92,571 Keys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisons are filled with the cackles and sobs of a deranged inmate population, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, and arbitration is mightier than the sword. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Abadazad's national animal is the Monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Tuvuthos.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abadazad's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Abadazad relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Abadazad, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Abadazad, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Abadazad, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation.
- : Following new legislation in Abadazad, prisons are filled with the cackles and sobs of a deranged inmate population.
- : Following new legislation in Abadazad, business leaders commend the government for enacting an emissions reduction strategy that reduces no Abadazadian emissions at all.
- : Abadazad was refounded in Osiris.
- : Abadazad ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Abadazad was endorsed by The Flying blob 🐳 of Narwhal.