The Republic of Acanthos is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-working population of 387 million Acanthosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 8.3%.
The very strong Acanthosian economy, worth 25.2 trillion Rakis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Average income is 65,029 Rakis, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, and doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Acanthos's national animal is the Bison.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Acanthos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Trans Anarcho-Communist Lesbian Catgirls.
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Acanthos was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Acanthos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Acanthos, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Acanthos, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
Endorsements Received: 33 » VW53Aland, Ridann, Tretrid, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Asendavia, Dragons Blood, Aivintis, Trulu, Mays Austrian Nation, Virgoliaendorses, Evrigenis, Pakitsk, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Rainbow Vests, Rage Mage, Oofery, Raunch, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Capetlant, Staynes, East Malaysia, Technocratic Tagalog, Libertanny, Modra, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, A mean old man, and Stellar Colonies.