The Kingdom of Adagio is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 385 million Adagioans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 19.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Adagioan economy, worth 19.1 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,514 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Funeral mourners ridesharing with the deceased are encouraged to sit on the coffin to save room, major boxing matches are held in government buildings, adverts proclaim it has to be healthy if the Mornay uses hand-grated Gallopavian Gruyère, and life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Adagio's national animal is the sheep, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ariree.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Republic of Liberdon.
- : Following new legislation in Adagio, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average.
- : Adagio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ali Faridi.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Federation of Maluspura.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Quarantined Peoples of Nooooooooooooooo.
- : Adagio was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kuriko, New Fania, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, The Republic of Osea, Recon Island, Wysrod, Dustwind, Anisopterra, Waitiki, Nooooooooooooooo, Maluspura, Kachikawawa, Ali Faridi, Liberdon, Evertopia, and Ariree.