The Dominion of Adapa is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Angius with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 765 million Adapans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apkallu. The average income tax rate is 71.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Adapan economy, worth 104 trillion ducats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,742 ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment, the ongoing space elevator construction project has elevated the national debt to all new levels, euthanasia is legal, and customer satisfaction with online delivery services is at an all time high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adapa's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, customer satisfaction with online delivery services is at an all time high.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, euthanasia is legal.
- : Adapa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the ongoing space elevator construction project has elevated the national debt to all new levels.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment.
- : Adapa was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
Endorsements Received: 62 » H-Zhena, Fedele, Izonno, Squid Ruinosa, Davelands, Brotherland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wiranath, Axdel, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Bachtendekuppen, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Tim Stark, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Tigerion, BearStackof2015, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Dpispitir, Riveraland, VW53Aland, Sadinata, Lobos, Astroa, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Enlil, Zukchiva, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Kralovstvi Slunce, Chubaka, CheeseBurrito, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Vultuca, The Death Syndicate, Poiston, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, and 12 others.Funkadelia, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Kangarawa, Plazland, Danelaw Scandinavia, Cyant, The Black Heart, Roissyland, and East Malaysia.