The Sovereign Rule of Aestorn is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Older Pig with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, infamous sell-swords, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.304 billion Aestornians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gipi. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Aestornian economy, worth 253 trillion coins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 34,678 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
When it comes to smarts Older Pig isn't the brightest gem in the collection, girls in elementary school classes gaze longingly at boys playing tag, the nation wears its high incidence of chromosomal diseases as a badge of pride, and coconut-half banging former royals skip around the countryside seeking gullible peasants to rule. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Aestorn's national animal is the human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aestorn was endorsed by The Republic of Mazamason.
- : Aestorn was endorsed by The Allied States of Ascendancy of Heria.
- : Aestorn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, coconut-half banging former royals skip around the countryside seeking gullible peasants to rule.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, the nation wears its high incidence of chromosomal diseases as a badge of pride.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, girls in elementary school classes gaze longingly at boys playing tag.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, when it comes to smarts Older Pig isn't the brightest gem in the collection.
- : Aestorn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, panic-stricken royals insist a stray ball in their garden is an emergency.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Angea, Salanernterthwazva, Josephtan, Ormantum, Runegeist, Tyranogorgon, Reatilber Soclistice, North Ursania, Mukolayiv, Palancia, Balkan Vojvodina, Mjopolis, Valltoria, Fliesa, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Fredonion, Heisenbee, Serbianistan, Corsoaua, HELLLLL, Concol, Davnar, Filliipia, The Evile Empire, Ascendancy of Heria, and Mazamason.