The Federation of Agorta is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, free-roaming dinosaurs, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.272 billion Agortans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anarta. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Agortan economy, worth 174 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 137,020 Bitcoins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 393,982 per year while the poor average 37,871, a ratio of 10.4 to 1.
The nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories', there have been reports of people marrying housepets, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business, and the average cargo freighter spends more than half its service life undergoing safety inspections. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Agorta's national animal is the Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agorta's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Agorta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Agorta's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Agorta's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Agorta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Agorta, the average cargo freighter spends more than half its service life undergoing safety inspections.
- : Following new legislation in Agorta, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business.
- : Following new legislation in Agorta, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Agorta was refounded in Balder.
- : Agorta ceased to exist in The East Pacific.