The Federal Republic of Alaxia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Rae with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.806 billion Alaxians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bieno Beach. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Alaxian economy, worth 708 trillion Aliras a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,292 Aliras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Alaxian Navy, war vets look after war animals, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alaxia's national animal is the Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alaxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Alaxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Alaxia, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Alaxia, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Alaxia, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Alaxian Navy.
- : Following new legislation in Alaxia, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison.
- : Following new legislation in Alaxia, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street".
- : Alaxia was endorsed by The Mutiny of Free Land of Rebellium.
- : Alaxia was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : Alaxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 40 » The Soylent Green Party, Northern Nivaria, Valentian Elysium, Anisopterra, Wysrod, Evertopia, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Vivolkha, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Ali Faridi, Ignis Cinere, Marxist Germany, Drewish, Solsevara, Namakan, Pianaville, Makykay, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, United States of Island land, Ner Epiand, Liberdon, Batona, The Galactic American Imperium, Silvedania, Megistos, Carthegia, S Mova Derat, Selu-Ahare, Mat She, Krystalveil, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Wischland, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Alemputo, and Free Land of Rebellium.