The Republic of Aldund is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Viola Trevisano with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 17.193 billion Aldundians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Welfare, Defense, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eriel. The average income tax rate is 40.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aldundian economy, worth a remarkable 2,025 trillion Reis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,826 Reis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies", military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it, and group hugs break out during floor votes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aldund's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aldund was endorsed by The State of Ostermeer.
- : Aldund was endorsed by The Shogunate of New Suternia.
- : Aldund was endorsed by The 80s American Culture of The Traditional States.
- : Aldund was endorsed by The Federation of Equinoctial States.
- : Aldund voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Aldund voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Aldund, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Aldund, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it.
- : Aldund was endorsed by The Confederacy of New Jakobly.
- : Aldund's influence in New Western Empire fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Runegeist, The Evile Empire, O-BrokiPuppet, Dependants, Bietzopolis, Nikosan, Laureland, The X territories, Josephtan, Ravennog, Salanernterthwazva, Reatilber Soclistice, Zeckiya, Tyranogorgon, Ormantum, Gorzi, Violet Hedgehog, Angea, Laurennia, Gliesetonia, Vetoland, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Calponia, New Jakobly, Equinoctial States, The Traditional States, New Suternia, and Ostermeer.