The Republic of Aletian is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Tom Cleverey with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The democratic population of 7.308 billion Aletias enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elrios. The average income tax rate is 93.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aletianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,412 trillion Als a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 193,307 Als, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks, and weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aletian's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Neko.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks.
- : Aletian was endorsed by The Lazarus Home of Galiantus of Americastrailia.
- : Aletian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, the Violet Mile now refers to the long line-ups that former death row inmates wait in as they transfer to maximum security prisons.
- : Aletian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Treadwellia, Aflana, The Sigometh Dynasty, New Rogernomics, Lazarene Ryccia, Custadia, Aigania, Caybow, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Arkanik, Rommanda, The Salvation States, Steel Vagabonds, Fortytipper, Bobs raider puppet, Perchan, Denado, Glorious Society, Nargorthia, The New California Republic, Auralon, Aaecilia, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Issrak-om, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Courlany, Aguaria Major, Ashoy, Owans, Nucular, Silver Minner, The Celestial Lands, Northern Westwald, Fylshlant, Debussy, Temmi, Hukaa, DaPiFanatic, and Americastrailia.