The Republic of Aletian is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Tom Cleverey with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 6.035 billion Aletias love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elrios. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aletianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,174 trillion Als a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 194,618 Als, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A third of Aletias are e-certified CEOs, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Aletianian Space Agency, and the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aletian's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Neko.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aletian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Aletianian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, a third of Aletias are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional.
- : Aletian was endorsed by The People's Republic of Owans.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Aletian, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Treadwellia, Aflana, The Sigometh Dynasty, New Rogernomics, Lazarene Ryccia, Custadia, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Aigania, Caybow, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Arkanik, Rommanda, Grand Place, Sophisica, The Salvation States, Xracona, Steel Vagabonds, Fortytipper, Bobs raider puppet, Perchan, Denado, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Surd, Cossack Peoples, Thetraxia, Nargorthia, The New California Republic, Auralon, Outlaw Conformity, Aaecilia, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Issrak-om, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Capercom, Inceptio, Courlany, Aguaria Major, Ashoy, Domais, Debussy, Honeydewistania, and Owans.