|Leader||President Alasdair Hallowell|
|Faith||Ecclesiastic Act Christianity|
The Federal Union of Almorea is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Alasdair Hallowell with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, zero percent divorce rate, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 4.393 billion Almoreans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellsburgh. The average income tax rate is 68.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Almorean economy, worth 418 trillion Almorean dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,171 Almorean dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Tabloids coo over President Alasdair Hallowell's expected child, pregnant hitchhikers with signs requesting rides to "competent care" are a common sight on Almorean roads, anyone can get ahead in life if they want to, and village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Almorea's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Ecclesiastic Act Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almorea published "MACNICOL, Alice (1744 - 1833), aristocrat and socialite" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "DENNINGHAM, Nicholas (1791 - 1829), scientist" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "EVERNDON, Frances (1844 - 1922) - suffragette" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "AUTHELET, Walter (1836 - 1919), philosopher and linguist" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "MARDYKE, John (1693 - 1759), bishop of Mettlen" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "MARDYKE, James (1698 - 1771), bishop of Kingsford" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "TALBOT, Peter (1794 - 1853) - industrialist and shipping magnate" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "MARDYKE, William (1690 - 1754)" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "TALBOT, George (1824 - 1875), industrialist" (Account: Other).
- : Almorea published "PEREIRA DA SILVA, Carlos (1812 - 1864) - secessionist military leader" (Account: Other).
Endorsements Received: 21 » Vancouvia, Dothrakia, Dragao do Mar, Ostehaar, Athara Magarat, Aruia, San Montagna, Corindia, Cosie, Michigonia, Cefalopotxi, Chasia, Frencin, Aizcona, Nhoor, Craiglang, Segentova, Solaryia, Keomora, Seneica, and Kings Gil Drum.