|Leader||The Grand Lord Of Tasmania|
|Faith||Church of Knowledge|
The Tasmanian Island of Alter Victoria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Grand Lord Of Tasmania with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 4.387 billion Hippies enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Melbourne. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Alter Victorian economy, worth 194 trillion Australian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 44,312 Australian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming, and the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines. Crime is totally unknown. Alter Victoria's national animal is the Leadbeater Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of Knowledge.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alter Victoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Alter Victoria was endorsed by The Island of Kiritibati.
- : Alter Victoria was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Alter Victoria applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Shinka rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Shinka fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Alter Victoria resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Alter Victoria relocated from Fukuoka to Shinka.
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Fukuoka rose from "Zero" to "Page".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kiritibati.