The Queendom of An Ri is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 664 million Rians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dublin. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Rian economy, worth 19.8 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Average income is 29,876 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, the true length of the coastline of An Ri may never be measured, and being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Ri's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : An Ri's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in An Ri, being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in An Ri, the true length of the coastline of An Ri may never be measured.
- : An Ri was refounded in Osiris.
- : An Ri ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : An Ri was endorsed by The Young Prodigious Musician of Kachikawawa.
- : An Ri was endorsed by The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : An Ri was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : An Ri was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Saint Islaw Wra.
- : An Ri was endorsed by The ARO of Maconshinbernititte.