The People's Republic of Anacomia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 214 million Anacomians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Anacomian economy, worth 3.35 trillion marshes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 15,640 marshes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, replacement organs are grown in vats, solid-gold toilets are Anacomian prisons' least expensive furnishings, and businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anacomia's national animal is the platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anacomia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Anacomia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Anacomia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Anacomia was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Ezechard.
- : Anacomia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Anacomia endorsed The Verdant Arcologies of United Syndicates of Sol.
- : Anacomia endorsed The United Kingdom of La Pays De Soliel.
- : Anacomia endorsed The Industocracy of Chromatica.
- : Anacomia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Following new legislation in Anacomia, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
Endorsements Received: 18 » The Pirotian Republic, Dekks, Mauvemarke, Proxmire, Silverfish37, Maupedonia, Gallo Republic, Qingling, Venovica, Liossalde, Adrianis, Silabar, Varavano, Ronaldan, Siriza, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Ezechard, and PS Suisse.