The Republic of Anglo-Bergany is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 286 million Anglo-Berganyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 11.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Anglo-Berganyian economy, worth 16.0 trillion Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 55,833 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Lion populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions, torture is illegal, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, and the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Anglo-Bergany's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anglo-Bergany was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Anglo-Bergany was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Anglo-Bergany was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Anglo-Bergany endorsed The Federal Kingdom of Nardin.
- : Anglo-Bergany endorsed The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Anglo-Bergany voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Anglo-Bergany endorsed The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Following new legislation in Anglo-Bergany, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Following new legislation in Anglo-Bergany, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Anglo-Bergany, torture is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Greater Icelandia, NorthPortugal, Saint Domingo, Rivierenland, Apabeossie, Regnum Italiae, Anglo-Francios, Imperium Anglorum, The New Nordic Union, Transthysciam, Invernessia, Estoniia, The Greater Ununited States, Valtrona, Estellan, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, Yahlia, Trixeland, Walfo, Thracia Republic, Shaor, Meropis, Kanokla, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The New Mexican Confederation, Republic of Satherland, Destyntine, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Kyrica, Christian Terra, Asparagusia, Uzbek Khan, Eco-Paris Reformation, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Sloburg, Mynox, Jim the Baptist, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Dark Matter, Brakanistan, Canovium, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, Abject Ludicrosity, Ausvelt, and 8 others.Eski, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, and En Hassik.