The Holy Confederacy of Anmola is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Danny Healy-Rae with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 1.924 billion Anmolans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blasket Islands. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Anmolan economy, worth 431 trillion Walrus Tusks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 224,184 Walrus Tusks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 687,977 per year while the poor average 56,510, a ratio of 12.2 to 1.
Heart attacks are regarded as a coming of age ritual, prison visits increase substantially during election years, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising, and immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anmola's national animal is the Walrus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anmola lost WA Delegate status in Confederate Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day.
- : Anmola voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, heart attacks are regarded as a coming of age ritual.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, an extra hand on the leg will give a horse-and-a-half of lead in a hundred jiffies on seven furlongs.
- : Anmola's influence in Confederate Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Anmola approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Black Hawks".
- : Anmola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.