The People's Socialist Republic of Antinios is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 818 million Antinoseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Antinosean economy, worth 94.0 trillion Antias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 114,860 Antias, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment, and sales of trenchcoats are on the rise. Crime is totally unknown. Antinios's national animal is the ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Antinios was endorsed by The United Socialist States of LandicusSerenicus.
- : Following new legislation in Antinios, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Antinios, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment.
- : Antinios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Antinios was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Antinios, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Antinios endorsed The United Socialist States of LandicusSerenicus.
- : Antinios endorsed The Dictatorship of Philippine Marxist Government.
- : Following new legislation in Antinios, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Antinios, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Midterra, Llorens, Anarchocommunists of the World, Sincadenas, Mexican Communists, Ephros, Picuros, Culturists, Ghillemear, Kongoland, Idezvoya, Balt Riveria, Earth Socialist Republics, Elovera, United Zealandic, Glayland, New Lonopolian Empire, Rorlenland, Vlaingo, Bago ng Lipunan, Transcommunist Republics, Libertasnia, Tuka Cinero, KITAY, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Henchikurin, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Buttia, Frogville, Chokrobook, THE LIFTIST UNION, Vandensia, Thasse, Kawany, Commen Union, Riticyney, Caellus, Socialist Great Picardy, Dyl, Effing, Comrade Itsuka Kotori, Maisera, Digitotuo, Nangka, Caspersland, Ataleshilbonia, Jum Vland, Roulantinia, Qalla, Nepacton Murt, and 59 others.Komuna, Vilouki, Greylyn, Masseillyia, Feiyan, Martilliopen, Depro, Verja, Evitavia, Socialist Sargan, South Miruva, Taipey, Sorwickshire, Sweitzer, The Gaturacia, Mavri Astro, The Pirotian Republic, Mavlina, Carolia Aurea, Argentigrad, Sohlio, Erna Vindtopia, Ibatria, Grod Island, Podria, NeoXoleria, Magoverava, Slackertown, Moonshadows, Yahelia, Ganjallia, Kraljevia, Southern Violet Tribe of Port Dust, Guandyar, Newsomland, Anakzaxica, Felix Holt, Fizzopolis, Loudon, Kylivenia, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Drennicka, The Red Manifesto, Enekra, Alans Land, New Wulban, New Russsia, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Sylvlakia, Wodia, Nysa Hyades, Tervatia, Armenasia, Silverfish37, United Soviet of Britain, New Samon, Kavagrad, Gooseta, and LandicusSerenicus.