The Fiefdom of Appendia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 671 million Human Friends are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Spirituality, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.3%.
The strong Human Friend economy, worth 37.6 trillion Friendships a year, is quite specialized and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Retail, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,007 Friendships, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
Autopsies often involve only cursory examination, Leader has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, and bungee jumpers frequently go splat. Crime is almost non-existent. Appendia's national animal is the Turkey-Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, bungee jumpers frequently go splat.
- : Appendia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, Leader has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Appendia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, teenage girls worry that they'll be unpopular if their skirts aren't short enough.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the state believes that nature-oriented summer camps will somehow solve youth crime.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, journalists giggle uncontrollably while reporting the nation's drug bonfires.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Turbeaux, Krisylia, Candlewhisper Archive, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Porth Dunwich, Ashrah, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Euso, Rippardine, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, The Void Territories, Kinectia, Window Land, Canaltia, Taco Respublic, The Black Forrest, Blon Gre, Vanenia, Kawastyselir, Tur Ada, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Novian Republics, Feladria, Eaven, Artemis, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, The Righteous Order of Youth, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Caterasia, Hyon Delta, Murmuria, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Fahx, Burkhai, Effazio, Greyveldt, Haaparanta, Groenwald, Anachronolandia, and 3 others.Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, and Jutsa.