|Leader||King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail|
The Really Awful Under-Matrix of Appendia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail with a fair hand, and notable for its lack of airports, prohibition of alcohol, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.299 billion Human Friends love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Defense and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Human Friend economy, worth 87.0 trillion Friendships a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Basket Weaving and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 37,835 Friendships, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, dining out often involves Turkey-Quails on the plate no matter what you order, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and people make a career out of medical voyeurism. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Appendia's national animal is the Turkey-Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, people make a career out of medical voyeurism.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, dining out often involves Turkey-Quails on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production.
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Appendia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, minstrels carrying coconut shells provide sound effects wherever their nobles wander.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Ashrah, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, The Void Territories, Window Land, Canaltia, Taco Respublic, The Black Forrest, Blon Gre, Kawastyselir, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Novian Republics, Feladria, Artemis, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, Entitize, Ordand, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Caterasia, Hyon Delta, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Jutsa, Pen Blanityion, The Most Serene Republicans, Kannap, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Simbolon, Foir, New Ladavia, Ordealius, and Atsvea.