|Leader||Biraj Apsalandan Rex|
The Independent Country of Apsalandian Empire is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Biraj Apsalandan Rex with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.056 billion Apsalandian Empireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apsaland. The average income tax rate is 42.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Apsalandian Empirean economy, worth 303 trillion Apsalandian marks a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,159 Apsalandian marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, school uniforms are compulsory, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion, and old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Apsalandian Empire's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Apsalandian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Apsalandian Empire was endorsed by The Nine in the Afternoon of Valerievna.
- : Apsalandian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Apsalandian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Apsalandian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Apsalandian Empire was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Apsalandian Empire applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Apsalandian Empire was refounded in Osiris.
- : Apsalandian Empire ceased to exist in First World Order.
- : Apsalandian Empire's influence in First World Order rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Valerievna.