The PS2 Puppet of Aqualagoon is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.27 billion Aqualagoonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Welfare and Healthcare not funded at all. The average income tax rate is 6.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aqualagoonian economy, worth 951 trillion Raindrops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 151,730 Raindrops, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Babies are a small but significant export, a life spent suffering in silence is considered noble, the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls, and kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Aqualagoon's national animal is the Trout, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aqualagoon's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aqualagoon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, a life spent suffering in silence is considered noble.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, peer pressure from cooler world leaders directs Aqualagoonian government policy.
- : Aqualagoon relocated from Balder to The West Pacific.
- : Aqualagoon's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aqualagoon's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".