|Capital||the January District|
|Leader||the Federal Chancellor|
|Currency||Communal Exchange Credit|
The Pluralist Commonwealth of Arcady-Asclepia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Federal Chancellor with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.171 billion Arcady-Asclepians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Industry, Welfare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the January District. The average income tax rate is 89.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arcady-Asclepian economy, worth 105 trillion Communal Exchange Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,815 Communal Exchange Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers, and the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Arcady-Asclepia's national animal is the Arcady-Asclepian bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arcady-Asclepia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Arcady-Asclepia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Arcady-Asclepia was refounded in Balder.
- : Arcady-Asclepia ceased to exist in The ecumenical commonwealth.
- : Arcady-Asclepia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Arcady-Asclepia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Arcady-Asclepia's influence in The ecumenical commonwealth fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Arcady-Asclepia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Arcady-Asclepia, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned.
- : Following new legislation in Arcady-Asclepia, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers.