The Departments of Arcanama is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by La Bruja with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.548 billion Arcanans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Divinita. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Arcanian economy, worth 213 trillion Scales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,636 Scales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arcanama's national animal is the Ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Elemenia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : Arcanama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Viking Empire of Danelaw Scandinavia.
- : Arcanama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Woonsocket".
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Plazland.
Endorsements Received: 68 » CopyCato, ReeK, H-Zhena, Aristortia, Am Echad, Todd McCloud, Aelitia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, Roissyland, Riveraland, Brotherland, Ardenaea, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Wizardonia, Fedele, Ver Norge, Someseni, Izonno, Bachtendekuppen, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Wiranath, Servants of Gizmo, Bullpups, Marrico, Wolemoer, Impits Menouss, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Happian Union, Cantonese Union, Tim Stark, Thyaclinia, Davelands, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Tigerion, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Dpispitir, BearStackof2015, Sadinata, The Buckeye States, Pekweng, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, and 18 others.Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Astroa, Justice-Becoming, Kilkire, Kralovstvi Slunce, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Danelaw Scandinavia, and Kangarawa.