The Departments of Arcanama is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by La Bruja with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.06 billion Arcanans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Divinita. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Arcanian economy, worth 471 trillion Scales a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,161 Scales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Arcanama, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arcanama's national animal is the Ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Elemenia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arcanama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Empire of Eastern Hyront Scassen.
- : Arcanama endorsed The Federation of Ephem.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Arcanama.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, for 25 Scales tourists can gawk at the site of national tragedy.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
Endorsements Received: 59 » CopyCato, ReeK, H-Zhena, Am Echad, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, Riveraland, Brotherland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Wizardonia, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Wiranath, Bullpups, Wolemoer, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Hizuru, Neruch, BearStackof2015, The Buckeye States, Pekweng, VW53Aland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Enlil, Dragons Blood, Matdor, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Evrigenis, Morrowine, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Todd McCloud, Ripsylvania, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Quinto Piano, and 9 others.Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, A mean old man, Survivoristan, Rainbow Vests, Coruh, Nevertopia, Ephem, and Eastern Hyront Scassen.