The Republic of Aresten is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.875 billion Arestenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arestenian economy, worth 209 trillion Lire a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,615 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Out-of-work actors say they can't complain, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Arestenian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aresten's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Arestenian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, out-of-work actors say they can't complain.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Aresten as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Aresten endorsed The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Aresten endorsed The Xenodochial Republic of Kiani.
- : Aresten was endorsed by The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Aresten was endorsed by The Xenodochial Republic of Kiani.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Qvait, New Briantown, Corgitopiaa, Erinor, Amerion, West Pastafaria, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Tsunamy, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Jehenna, Aumeltopia, Ridehale, Midand, The Worst army of, Andinla, The Filippinas, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Belschaft, Sandaoguo, Farengeto, Ebonhand, Auphelia, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Brunier, Doraya, Terran Draconia, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Vanbella, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Los Rodeos, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Yellunstryer, Beepee, The Imperial Frost Federation, Roterdamia, and 59 others.Holota, Treir, Ceutalia, Blondiesland, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wakandan Tribes, Lionstrapower, Truskawkoland, Qawe, Eskvenn, LadyRebels, The Altan, Seythennia, Doge Land, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sapientiano, Carrelie, Gonrati, Noimosini, The United Australian States, Populaa, Freavia, Ipugao, East Nagaland, Alambar, Kaoia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, JavaSiege, Rhetiaa, Kaleidescooptopia, Steviland, Beblahbleblo, Tierra del Rey Carlos, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Green Sofia, Freedoom, Tackastan, Solanosco, Galebland, Danily, The Stickmin Empire, Esfalsa, Vicken, Shuckle Empire, Nyxonia, Bizzie, The Kies, Linguiniland, The American Anarchist Empire, New Sanet, Kiani, and Anatasha.