|Leader||Rector Jos Soj|
The Republic of Arguistan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Rector Jos Soj with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.365 billion Arguistanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Natsiugra. The average income tax rate is 88.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arguistanian economy, worth 410 trillion Arguis a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 121,983 Arguis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, Rector Jos Soj's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', and political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arguistan's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Arguistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Arguistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Maalat.
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Federation of Mynox.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, Rector Jos Soj's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, The New Nordic Union, Nardin, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Lovisa, Republic of Satherland, Estonesia, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Kenmoria WA Mission, Jim the Baptist, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Regnum Italiae, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, Brakanistan, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, The Champions League, Someseni, Lyallpur, Sloburg, Leranditale, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Destyntine, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Bareu, Kalifer and Baska, Sienkahn, and 29 others.Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, The Oriental Empire, Crestphalia, Shaor, Ashckar, Anskerdank, The New Mexican Confederation, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, NorthPortugal, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eco-Paris Reformation, Continental Social Democrats, Othenhiem, Stromia, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Mynox, Maalat, Gliesetonia, The Axis of Death, and En Hassik.