|Faith||The Lords of Kobol|
The Federal Republic of Arkalon is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lee Adama with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, otherworldly petting zoo, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.565 billion Arkalonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Celeste. The average income tax rate is 68.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arkalonian economy, worth 288 trillion Cubits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 184,368 Cubits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The nation excels at displacement, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, the government finds the idea of having an army to be rather distasteful, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. Arkalon's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Lords of Kobol.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, the government finds the idea of having an army to be rather distasteful.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, the nation excels at displacement.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, robotic spouses prove to be just as imperfect as flesh and blood ones.
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences".
- : Following new legislation in Arkalon, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for.
- : Arkalon endorsed The Sultanate of Hakk Fiss.
- : Arkalon was endorsed by The Sultanate of Hakk Fiss.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Graellioti, Qvait, Madreia, Crystal Creation, Mapico, Aumeltopia, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Erinor, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Filippinas, Jehenna, Beepee, Tsvetania, Imperial Duck, New Briantown, Nueva Alta California, Tiransia, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, Luddinlande, The Tecorogan Federation, Bawkie, Techganet, Omiri, Terran Draconia, Kandorith, Greater Hyrulang, Lambdaland, Farelonia, North Kanuckistan, Baltenlands, Ebonhand, Kringalia, Aurcania, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Gliasco, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Charloa, Sedunn, and 35 others.Sau Man Frescher, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Holy Free, Elan Sleazebaganno, Marinho Islands, Starsight, Shefino, Compli, Auphelia, The Worst army of, Laamiva, ChickenDome, Well F, West Fallows, United States of Vietnam, Sandaoguo, Vincent Field, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, Kedjens, Belschaft, Midand, Concrete Slab, Nookington, Andinla, Catillos, B H A R A T, Namhines, Coadjuthen, Gecetesse, House Ahsanul, Merevane, Philippinia, Tepertopia, and Hakk Fiss.