The Federal Republic of Armra is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working population of 438 million Armraians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gahilia. The average income tax rate is 24.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Armraian economy, worth 36.7 trillion Hoaxers a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,815 Hoaxers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Years of counter-terrorism planning are foiled by small details, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, and governments opposing Armra are beset by rebels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Armra's national animal is the Turtle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Armra, governments opposing Armra are beset by rebels.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, years of counter-terrorism planning are foiled by small details.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Armra endorsed The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Armra was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Armra, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award.
- : Following new legislation in Armra, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Meropis, Walfo, Invernessia, Yahlia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Trixeland, Northern German Federation, The New Mexican Confederation, Abject Ludicrosity, Thracia Republic, Ausvelt, Elisabethshagen, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Someseni, Kanokla, Dark Matter, Republic of Satherland, Jim the Baptist, Imperium Anglorum, Heinsbergen, Rivierenland, GanymedEuropa, Brakanistan, The Young Ur, Irminsulia, Destyntine, Regnum Italiae, Shaor, Anskerdank, The Seven Provinces, Kyrica, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Apabeossie, and 9 others.Zulrich, Sloburg, Wombelland, Historically accurate land of memes, Maalat, Migurson, Germany Third Reich, Nazakhstan Empire, and En Hassik.