The Empire of Arouran is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Silvers with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.705 billion Arouranians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silver City. The average income tax rate is 75.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arouranian economy, worth 896 trillion Goldcoins a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 157,188 Goldcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, and former planespotters are dusting off long-abandoned anoraks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arouran's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Republic of Mashedpotatoland.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Commonwealth of ArenaC.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Deber.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Republic of Eastocke.
- : Arouran was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, former planespotters are dusting off long-abandoned anoraks.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse.
Endorsements Received: 78 » VW53Aland, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Rainbow Vests, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Am Echad, East Malaysia, Asendavia, Talitoa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ridann, Dragons Blood, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Republic of Berzerkistan, Pakitsk, Tretrid, Axdel, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, BuciLand, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, La xinga, Stellar Colonies, Freedom Fascists, New Leganes, Lingu, Oofery, Tissandra, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Acronis, Anarchica landia, Debluu, Nevertopia, Tassirion, FreedomIand, Dannemarie, From New World, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Cellar Doors, and 28 others.Sunsistan, Lorrana, Under Upper Antartica, The Bedford Initiative, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, Federation Of Columbian Republics, North Bernia, Dravida India, Jove Mahmo, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Fellon, Spiruvania, Obridles, Eagle Crest, Nythi, Dahom, Tierra Fuego, Veterans Association, Sapre, Roissyland, Aquyia, Deber, Northern Celavon, ArenaC, Mashedpotatoland, and Wallenburg.