The People's Republic of Artavart is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.09 billion Artavartians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Artavartopolis. The average income tax rate is 59.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artavartian economy, worth 163 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 150,160 Rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Selfie stick use is a required Scout badge, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, and public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artavart's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark.
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge.
- : Artavart was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Artavart voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Artavart voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Artavart, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Dat Countreh, Arvigiel, Polgaria, Eloscape, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Pirataria, South Eastern Centralia, Purgitz, Mancheseva City, Lethen, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Ipsonasia, Twilight Ways, Brickfield, Zakanda, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Aexnidaral, Clialaad, Liberepublia, Acapais, Terra Potestatem, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Volkovica, Elaeria, Ouardeheya, Chadaria, Uniarq, Desrouleaux, Emastalia, New Sickled, Saarland-Niederbayern, Caffeinated, Estanglia, Murden, Ikheria, The United Peoples of Centrism, Thurston, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Mikkazuki, Deathfall, Taskete, Greatnessity City, Kingdom of Stargard, Chungus World, New Peoples Empire, Androxis, Andradus, and 2 others.Baobab-Bumbaria, and West Wirral.