|Leader||Queen Alexandra I|
The Kingdom of Artemis is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Alexandra I with an even hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 4.004 billion Artemisians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elpida. The average income tax rate is 68.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artemisian economy, worth 467 trillion drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 116,719 drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Divorce is illegal, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, carefully-staged grief is displayed by Queen Alexandra I after national disasters, and cowboys often wear wolfskin jackets to the saloon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artemis's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hellenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Artemis lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Artemis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Artemis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Artemis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Artemis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Artemis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, cowboys often wear wolfskin jackets to the saloon.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, carefully-staged grief is displayed by Queen Alexandra I after national disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, divorce is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Novian Republics, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Feladria, Ownzone, Hyon Delta, Edible Plywood, Eryndlynd, Nimros, Entitize, Reannia, Wantevolo, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Kinectia, Ordand, Palos Heights, Love and Nature, Cheloboria, Lura, Appendia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Pen Blanityion, and McClandia Doge 2.