|Leader||Emperor Helnut II|
|Faith||Banned by State|
The Third Empire of Asterguard is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Helnut II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, daily referendums, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.857 billion Oberstuttens are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Asterguardian economy, worth 367 trillion German Marcs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 128,662 German Marcs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, owning a really cute pet is grounds for immediate investigation, and not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asterguard's national animal is the German Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Banned by State.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asterguard's influence in The Invaders rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Asterguard's influence in The Invaders rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Asterguard's influence in The Invaders rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Asterguard's influence in The Invaders rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Asterguard altered its national flag.
- : Asterguard relocated from Balder to The Invaders.
- : Asterguard was refounded in Balder.
- : Asterguard ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Protectorate of Solidair.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Kingdom of Astrind.