The Democratic States of Athens But Better is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 824 million Athens But Betters enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 42.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Athens But Betterian economy, worth 62.5 trillion Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 75,831 Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, farting etiquette is taught in schools, and bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Athens But Better's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Kingdom of Maalat.
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Athens But Better was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Athens But Better endorsed The Harmonious Springtime of Apabeossie.
- : Following new legislation in Athens But Better, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Athens But Better, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Athens But Better was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Ausvelt, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, The Champions League, The Seven Provinces, Mons Graupius, Elisabethshagen, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Shaor, St Scarlett, Republic of Satherland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Abject Ludicrosity, Someseni, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Toaddia, Chioganah, Grodisze, An Clar, Destyntine, Dark Matter, Prussian-Union, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, North of Americas, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Crestphalia, Imperium Anglorum, Owlograd, Regnum Italiae, Mallesia, Leranditale, Anskerdank, Nardin, Kanokla, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, and 13 others.Estoniia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Wombelland, Continental Social Democrats, Othenhiem, Apabeossie, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, En Hassik, Maalat, and The Axis of Death.