The Federation of Athontia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and ritual sacrifices. The quiet, industrious population of 382 million Athontians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aldar. The average income tax rate is 33.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Athontian economy, worth 23.3 trillion Athontian dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,032 Athontian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, Athontia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Athontia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Athontia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Athontia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security".
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, Athontia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, the government is forced to pander to the will of every fruitcake politician.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Athontia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Greenmont Federation.
- : Athontia was endorsed by The Just of Tzo.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Valentian Elysium, Anisopterra, New Fania, Recon Island, The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, Vivolkha, Krystalveil, Final Universal Order, Wysrod, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Solarampa, Blogotopia, West Whale, Achiotopia, Sovieka, Tamsalin, Old Atlantica, City of Saint Nicolas, Constantinolia, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, The Republic of Osea, Aspistania, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Lamborghini Murcielago, Evertopia, Starrden, Seranis, Colonel Terrosit, Harekoku, Zyrcrestia, Slaytania, Kebecois, Itic, Isentran, Northern African Sahara, Xemja, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Dustwind, Northern Nivaria, AciaciaMont, Maalemzya, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Wakanchi, Ali Faridi, Anarchals, Old Tryst, and 17 others.Liberdon, Grungerock, Point Comfort Colony, Republic of Libriano, Ignis Cinere, The Pipiles, Zog Imperialis, Namakan, Creeptopia, Ao Kuang, Ascended Union, Republic of Karskarovyt, Alleida, Discotheque, Jimjam Goober, Tzo, and Greenmont Federation.