The Queendom of Atomopia is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 867 million Atomopians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 74.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Atomopian economy, worth 59.5 trillion Silvs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,675 Silvs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains, economists claim no news is good news, and almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atomopia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atomopia was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Atomopia was endorsed by The Catocracy of Catiania.
- : Atomopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Atomopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Atomopia, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Following new legislation in Atomopia, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Atomopia, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
- : Following new legislation in Atomopia, translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates.
- : Following new legislation in Atomopia, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Atomopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Asendavia, VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Zukchiva, Brotherland, East Malaysia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Lingu, New Leganes, The Three States of Fortuna, Dragons Blood, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Libertanny, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Staynes, Oofery, BuciLand, Horn of Havenkaap, Sunsistan, and Flying Snow.