The Free Societies of Awhaiti Kaiatu is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Councillor with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.226 billion Ngawhaitis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manawhai. The average income tax rate is 86.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Awhaiti Kaiatuan economy, worth 303 trillion Toals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, extremely specialized black market in Information Technology and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 71,744 Toals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, government adverts say that twelve lashes a day keeps divine wrath at bay, and the nation has unofficially betrayed its values. Crime is totally unknown. Awhaiti Kaiatu's national animal is the Moaka Bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu lost the endorsement of The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Universal Way.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Republic of Dorenland.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Dorwerland.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Verensika.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Irish Computer Engineers of The Cypher Nine.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Window Land, Reannia, Turbeaux, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Ransium, Wantevolo, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Novian Republics, Cheloboria, Appendia, Pen Blanityion, Lura, Hyon Delta, Anachronolandia, Ordand, Caterasia, Ironic Remarks, Crowacia, Ruinenlust, Effazio, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Verensika, Daarwyrth, and Atsvea.