The Democratic Republic of B e a n t i m e is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, avowedly heterosexual populace, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.558 billion Beantimeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beantown. The average income tax rate is 72.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving B e a n t i m ean economy, worth 226 trillion Beans a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,670 Beans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas, incompetent former soldiers have been re-employed as incompetent cleaners and kitchen staff, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, and film studios own the rights to actors' likenesses until the next millennium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. B e a n t i m e's national animal is the Opabinia, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : B e a n t i m e was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Largest Publishing Industry, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : B e a n t i m e's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : B e a n t i m e relocated from Lazarus to Spiritus.
- : Following new legislation in B e a n t i m e, film studios own the rights to actors' likenesses until the next millennium.
- : B e a n t i m e was refounded in Lazarus.
- : B e a n t i m e ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : B e a n t i m e was endorsed by Psychanautica.
- : B e a n t i m e was endorsed by Taoteching.
- : B e a n t i m e was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : B e a n t i m e was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Alquanica.