The Protectorate of Balaii is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Sif-Astrid Romans with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 848 million Balaiians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sualofulua. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Balaiian economy, worth 35.8 trillion Balas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,167 Balas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, billions of Balas are being poured into a space program, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and Sif-Astrid Romans has just been declared ruler of Balaii in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Balaii's national animal is the horned kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balaii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Balaii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Balaii changed its national leader to "Sif-Astrid Romans".
- : Following new legislation in Balaii, Sif-Astrid Romans has just been declared ruler of Balaii in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Balaii, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Balaii was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Balaii, billions of Balas are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Balaii, translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates.
- : Balaii was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Balaii was endorsed by The Confederacy of Deinotopia.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Dome Artan, Corydo, Kantobliv, Saxemburg, Ozzie, South Acadia, Naasiat Nuna, Neo-Arctica, Chad4437457345875353, Druing, Stateazar, Kongers, Waroklion, Odredlia, Dreaken, Isansland, United Counties of the Midwest, The Southeast Earth, Coltick, Kingdom of Sacento, Aureliusk, The German Kaiserliche Union, La Virtaj Homoj, Drawception, New Alsterdam, Krackovja, Nova Avaloniastan, S2p1729, Vastronia, Amir2, Zemona, Celestial Myriad Charm, Firseria, Spoela, Prorescia, Jdjdjd, -AMERlCA-, Zebruski, The Doge Clan, Fusco, and Deinotopia.