The Republic of Balustravia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Ivan Moskovitchski with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.416 billion Balustravians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Krasno. The average income tax rate is 43.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Balustravian economy, worth 823 trillion Bryets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 72,158 Bryets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, Ivan Moskovitchski's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam", and doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality. Crime is totally unknown. Balustravia's national animal is the Balustravian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balustravia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Grov Portion.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of New Peoples Empire.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Balustravia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Balustravia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Balustravia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Balustravia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Blaniotid.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Dat Countreh, Zakanda, Poquaoi, Arvigiel, Precisely Nothing, South Eastern Centralia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Ipsonasia, Purgitz, Pirataria, Le Libertia, The Democratic Peoples, Eloscape, Raghallaigh, Liveropolis, Bolger, Mancheseva City, Polgaria, Aexnidaral, Liberepublia, Acapais, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, Lethen, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Volkovica, Elaeria, Chadaria, Desrouleaux, Clialaad, Emastalia, Salxeburg, Federal Republic of Respondia, Estanglia, Murden, Upper Prestina, Saarland-Niederbayern, Ikheria, The United Peoples of Centrism, Deathfall, Caffeinated, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, Bellcon, Chungus World, Androxis, Baobab-Bumbaria, New Peoples Empire, and Grov Portion.