The Federal Republic of Banorth is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 840 million Banorthians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ordonez. The average income tax rate is 34.2%.
The very strong Banorthian economy, worth 50.0 trillion Banoes a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 59,504 Banoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, and Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Banorth's new capital. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Banorth's national animal is the Vulture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Banorth's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Banorth relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Banorth altered its national flag.
- : Banorth was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Banorth ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Banorth was endorsed by The United States of Democratic Republic of Kohland.
- : Banorth was endorsed by The People's Republic of New Francois.
- : Banorth was endorsed by The Blue Waters of A Salmon Named Harold.
- : Banorth was endorsed by The Struggling to Socialize of Loli County.
- : Banorth was endorsed by The Zombie of Abonland.