The Democratic Republic of Barcelona and Girona is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 627 million Catalans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Defense, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leo Mesia. The average income tax rate is 26.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Culer economy, worth 67.7 trillion Laportas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,046 Laportas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks, and banning party poppers has been a real party pooper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Barcelona and Girona's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barcelona and Girona was endorsed by The Republic of Paisvasc.
- : Barcelona and Girona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Barcelona and Girona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Barcelona and Girona endorsed The Golden Mickey Mouse Republic of Disney Know it Alls.
- : Barcelona and Girona endorsed The Kingdom of Ecolaria.
- : Barcelona and Girona endorsed The Kingdom of Euperis.
- : Barcelona and Girona was endorsed by The Kingdom of Euperis.
- : Barcelona and Girona was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ecolaria.
- : Barcelona and Girona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Barcelona and Girona was endorsed by The Golden Mickey Mouse Republic of Disney Know it Alls.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Royal Alchemia, Raghallaigh, Mancheseva City, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Pirataria, Tassaland, Thurston, Caffeinated, West Wirral, Kingdom of Stargard, Trackeendy, Benthamania, Asian Hatia, Eloscape, Waluigi4Smash, Emastalia, Cortlandt Manor, Beriwen, Almendron, ShadyStans, Lethen, Corovos, Greenburgland, Utopian Earth, Pygania, Poquaoi, Bursken, United Kingdoms of Redania, Ipsonasia, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Quartzinne, Arvigiel, P0ptr0pica, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Gooblaria, Sablania, New France Republic, Voxum Mortalum, Le Libertia, Free Rosabell, Polgaria, Terra Potestatem, And Spaces, Pland Adanna, Andradus, Arrowlandia, Paulotzia, The Democratic Peoples, Brickfield, and 9 others.Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Cyberpunk, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, The Lost Men, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, and Paisvasc.