The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.361 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 905 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 269,415 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, Barfleurian soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting, and the nation gives peace a chance - usually one in a million. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Republic of Oerkar.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the nation gives peace a chance - usually one in a million.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, Barfleurian soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, it turns out that money can buy you happiness.
Endorsements Received: 91 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, and 41 others.Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Kaigi, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, BuciLand, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, Gyp Land, Castle Federation, La xinga, The Solar Ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Neue Leipzig, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Urimel, Ephem, Modra, CopyCato, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Kavanos, Propwash, Flying Snow, and Oerkar.