The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, ubiquitous missile silos, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.915 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 661 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 226,944 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property, holidaymakers sleep curled up on the floor as hotel beds are replaced with oversized bookcases, and replacement organs are grown in vats. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Slonful.
- : Barfleur endorsed The San Sierran Republic of Shavara.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Barfleur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, holidaymakers sleep curled up on the floor as hotel beds are replaced with oversized bookcases.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.
Endorsements Received: 95 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, Sericena, Stanisiti, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, and 45 others.Stumptopia, Talitoa, Tretrid, Quartzland, ArenaC, AngusEssa, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Coruh, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, Acronis, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Peoples Republic of GG, Kaigi, Aivintis, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Raunch, Jakubonia, Bai Lung, Woodsind, Drunken Seal Islands, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, Modra, TM-Jesselton, BuciLand, Filipopol, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, Rythawelerzi, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Refuge Isle, and Slonful.