The Meritocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.68 billion Barfleurians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 86.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,391 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 297,385 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Barfleurian Space Agency, Andrew II's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, Andrew II's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Barfleurian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Barfleur endorsed The United States of New Era states.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The United States of New Era states.
Endorsements Received: 127 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, Plazland, Kangarawa, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Kaigi, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, and 77 others.BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, La xinga, The solar ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, CopyCato, Propwash, Oofery, Tissandra, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, FreedomIand, Acronis, Nevertopia, Debluu, Anarchica landia, Republic of New India, Sunsistan, Cacnesia, Wallenburg, 3 14159265358979323846264, Tassirion, Dannemarie, Wakeopolis, ArenaC, Dravida India, From New World, Cellar Doors, THE V0ID, Lorrana, Kucia, The Bedford Initiative, Hogwarts of muggles, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, North Bernia, Jove Mahmo, Konneticut, ReReReRepublic, Cafe Hell, LibRight Libertarianism, Great Algerstonia, Heatherspike, The Kulaata Islands, Tofoon, Lueva, CANZUK 1, Technocratic Tagalog, Fellon, Vessarlian, Spiruvania, BowPen, Pirnovo, Empire of Dabiristan, Obridles, Arasakami, Rhealaliit, Eagle Crest, Devlon, Tierra Fuego, Veterans Association, Maricentria, Aquyia, Dermsie area, Zidium, Northern Celavon, and New Era states.