The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.295 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 169 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 130,916 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, women wear burqas to avoid unwanted male attention, the newest shade developed by Barfleur's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange', and the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb. Crime is totally unknown. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Holy Red Lucky Pacifican of Ballpit2.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Barfleur endorsed The United Dynastic Republic of Opstan.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Colony of Eastie.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the newest shade developed by Barfleur's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange'.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, women wear burqas to avoid unwanted male attention.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
Endorsements Received: 59 » H-Zhena, Fedele, Hizuru, Roissyland, Wiranath, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, The Angel of Charity, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Brotherland, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Escade, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Laquara, Osterreich und Ungarn, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, New Bradenia Ghost, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Firenation91, Zukchiva, and 9 others.Asendavia, Matdor, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, Ballpit2, and Marrabuk.