The Federation of Barkian Empire is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 1.575 billion Barkians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xarca City. The average income tax rate is 29.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Barkian Empirean economy, worth 96.2 trillion Bitcoins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,064 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII', and Leader is the self-declared God of all Barkian Empire. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barkian Empire's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barkian Empire's influence in Kingdom of Sayville rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Barkian Empire's influence in Kingdom of Sayville rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Barkian Empire relocated from Balder to Kingdom of Sayville.
- : Barkian Empire's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Barkian Empire's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Barkian Empire's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Barkian Empire, Leader is the self-declared God of all Barkian Empire.
- : Following new legislation in Barkian Empire, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Barkian Empire was refounded in Balder.
- : Barkian Empire ceased to exist in Kingdom of Sayville.