The Barren Lands of Barrencol is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Barry Cola with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.888 billion Barras enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deceased-col. The average income tax rate is 62.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barren economy, worth 238 trillion cow skulls a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,551 cow skulls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Pharmacists increasingly claim they are morally obligated to take long lunches, agricultural employees work for peanuts, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Barrencol as a reminder of their "special relationship", and choking on cow skulls is a leading cause of death for wild animals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barrencol's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cowism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barrencol voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Barrencol voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Barrencol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Barrencol's influence in New West Indies rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Barrencol voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Barrencol voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Barrencol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Barrencol voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Honor-Based Violence".
- : Barrencol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Barrencol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Karteria, Central Birdland, Celestiam, Achipel, The Kingdoms of Austranisia, Cymiopolis, Smaragdina, Funky Goats, Four Sicilys, Jakkonia, Osma del sur, Luako, Almere Region, Gallaton, Ventus Prime, Hyperchoram, Ryanius, and Margatina.