The Democratic Republic of Batona is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Leo with an even hand, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.229 billion Batonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Batonan economy, worth 112 trillion Batonian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,642 Batonian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are sent to either religious or secular schools, a good deed is rewarded with a thank you note attached to a deportation order, interest in globalism never flags, and the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Batona's national animal is the Eastern Bluebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Batona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Batona, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, a good deed is rewarded with a thank you note attached to a deportation order.
- : Batona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Batona, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, careless Maxémon Trainers have been the cause of numerous search and rescue operations.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Following new legislation in Batona, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Maconshinbernititte, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, HumanSanity, The Republic of Osea, Northern Nivaria, Clialaad, Namakan, Point Comfort Colony, Zopciria, Gewisse, Lower Phlebacite, Anisopterra, Waitiki, Kyrizstanislav, Evertopia, United States of Island land, Vivolkha, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Republic of Libriano, Kaltovar, Megistos, Medetas, Dustwind, Marxist Germany, Palman, Colonel Terrosit, Nea Komnenia, Kachikawawa, Tzo, Chip Skylark, Better Indonesia, Zeganas, Airday, City of Saint Nicolas, Solsevara, Galimania, Old Atlantica, Isentran, Piscina, Anollasia, Katitania, Grimmywelsh, Testa, Solarampa, Ilfarasia, Vill Send, QuazaFire, ShadowVoltia, Bradmarkers, and 46 others.Makykay, Hellenic Exusia, Pianaville, Ardelenia, Northern African Sahara, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Terra Royaume, Canada but with Jazz, Liberdon, Vragar, Holma, Coreras, Gal Cradia, St Lennys Island, The Galactic American Imperium, Ultimate Wakanda, Carthegia, S Mova Derat, Eist, Alaxia, Rhie, New Non, Recon Island, Slaytania, Grungerock, West Whale, Greater Puptioneberadon, Seantonia, A R V E R N A, Free Land of Rebellium, Drewish, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Krystalveil, Aquachromia, Ascended Union, Mauryana, The Snake Brotherhood, Silvedania, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Skamor, Killettland, Tausend Seen, Creeptopia, Wischland, Venmere, and Yellowjacket.