The United Kingdom of Bedtime Story is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.55 billion Bedtime Storyians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.0%.
The powerhouse Bedtime Storyian economy, worth 106 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 68,638 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 348,751 per year while the poor average 7,474, a ratio of 46.7 to 1.
Balaclava manufacturers are held criminally culpable for bank heists, corporate lobbying has been outlawed, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, and divorce is illegal. Crime is moderate. Bedtime Story's national animal is the elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bedtime Story resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bedtime Story became WA Delegate of League of Basedness.
- : Bedtime Story's influence in League of Basedness rose from "Zero" to "Instigator".
- : Bedtime Story relocated from Artificial Solar System to League of Basedness.
- : Bedtime Story was endorsed by The Democratic States of Eminople III.
- : Bedtime Story was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXX.
- : Bedtime Story was endorsed by The Protectorate of Libertas PMC XV.
- : Bedtime Story was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Wide-Eyed Jack.
- : Bedtime Story endorsed The Rogue Nation of Wide-Eyed Jack.
- : Bedtime Story was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Market-123.