|Leader||President Evan Burke|
The Federal Republic of Belarum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Evan Burke with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.197 billion Belarians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastia. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Belarian economy, worth a remarkable 8,548 trillion euros a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 283,083 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's no representation without taxation, Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget, Belarian watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact, and the Belarian Intelligence Agency has put 'Project Quantum Refrigerator' on hold indefinitely. Crime is totally unknown. Belarum's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belarum was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Kingdom of Parawati.
- : Belarum was endorsed by The Empire of --Aleutia--.
- : Belarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Belarum, the Belarian Intelligence Agency has put 'Project Quantum Refrigerator' on hold indefinitely.
- : Following new legislation in Belarum, Belarian watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact.
- : Belarum was endorsed by The Great Republic of Canovium.
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Belarum, Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget.
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Belarum, there's no representation without taxation.