|Leader||High Commissioner Marya Harloni|
|Animal||Bembernan blue fox|
The United People's Republic of Bemberna is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by High Commissioner Marya Harloni with an iron fist, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, lack of airports, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 13.034 billion Bembernans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Innsmouth. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Bembernan economy, worth a remarkable 2,953 trillion banner standards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 226,562 banner standards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, the government-sponsored autobiography 'A High Commissioner Marya Harloni For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of High Commissioner Marya Harloni's supporters, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance, and bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bemberna's national animal is the Bembernan blue fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bemberna lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist, Largest Publishing Industry, and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Bemberna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.