|Leader||Prime Minister Jeremy Godwin Parfit|
|Faith||De facto Atheism|
The Democratic Republic of Benthamania is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jeremy Godwin Parfit with a fair hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.711 billion Benthamanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sidgwickton. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Benthamanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,513 trillion hedons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 225,573 hedons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only adults may purchase violent video games, the "blue screen of death" forces many trials to be either aborted or restarted, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime is totally unknown. Benthamania's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is De facto Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, the "blue screen of death" forces many trials to be either aborted or restarted.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Benthamania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, the Museum of Soybeans is the cultural heart of the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
Endorsements Received: 102 » Raghallaigh, Almendron, Murden, Trollfaceia, Voxum Mortalum, --Neo-America--, Mousebumples, Le Libertia, Katkasistan, Aexnidaral, Lethen, Awesomepotomia, Budraria, Wollastonite, Cortlandt Manor, Akeland, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Estanglia, Liveropolis, Trackeendy, Liberepublia, Arqhua, Free Rosabell, Mousa Liberty, Brickfield, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Genistan, United-Marrshmallows, Elaeria, Vlazinova, Union Lysk, Pirataria, Purgitz, Muertio, Yugarritia, Gooblaria, Serpahima, Igueranel, Greatnessity City, Polgaria, Poquaoi, Eumenides, Old Aweic Wirs, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Arvigiel, Zakanda, IrisTheFlower, and 52 others.New Ryloth, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Purple Ruthenia, Dat Countreh, Twilight Ways, Avendia, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Mikkazuki, Clialaad, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Vaioretta, Sophos Saltus, Chadaria, Emastalia, Desrouleaux, Fox-Wolf Unions, Estingberg, Salxeburg, Dirauti, Darizaa, Morongia, Winnak, Federal Republic of Respondia, New Sickled, Ikheria, Sagehills, Upper Prestina, Ajaccino, Saarland-Niederbayern, The United Peoples of Centrism, Deathfall, Sevanorea, New Peoples Empire, Caffeinated, Pyrhus, Pakistan 55, Chungus World, Kingdom of Stargard, Koroniti, Bellcon, Lurinsk, Thurston, Novamexia 3, Ramalia Shanatopian, Androxis, Baobab-Bumbaria, and West Wirral.