The Empire of Beriwen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Cordelia Scott with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.689 billion Beriwenians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Siville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Beriwenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,820 trillion Beriens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 222,297 Beriens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new classical revitalization of Siville is expected to be completed sometime in the next century, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, grumpy old house owners demand that pedestrians get off their footpaths, and news headlines usually include p-values. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beriwen's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheran Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beriwen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, news headlines usually include p-values.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, grumpy old house owners demand that pedestrians get off their footpaths.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the new classical revitalization of Siville is expected to be completed sometime in the next century.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, city budgets are spent entirely on supporting the town royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks.
- : Beriwen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Mousebumples, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Unisteia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Akeland, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Mediocrea, Spudlandia, Arqhua, Voxum Mortalum, Awesomepotomia, Lethen, Woodleland, Gooblaria, Free Rosabell, Nivgrad, Estanglia, Trackeendy, Genistan, Liberepublia, Brickfield, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Purgitz, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Yugarritia, Pentisia, Poquaoi, Ipsonasia, Utopian Earth, United Kingdoms of Redania, Polgaria, Eumenides, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, New Ryloth, Eloscape, Precisely Nothing, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Purple Ruthenia, Taskete, Caffeinated, and 45 others.Greatnessity City, Kingdom of Stargard, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Asian Hatia, Arnasas, West Wirral, Thurston, Pakistan 55, Andradus, Penlopa, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Almendron, Romanengo City, ShadyStans, Leuxas, Sablania, New France Republic, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Ganud, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, The Democratic Peoples, Estingberg, Sincluda, Rawatna, Euramericasia, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Alpharod, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, The Republic of IceIceJay, The Lost Men, Fruitful, Gredstan, Tarkovinia, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, and Euperis.