|Leader||Supreme Leader Al Maktum Ronald McDonald|
The Federal Republic of Betelguesa is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Al Maktum Ronald McDonald with an iron fist, and notable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.573 billion Betelguesans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberty City. The average income tax rate is 56.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Betelguesan economy, worth 288 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 183,284 Rupees, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
The parliament building has installed a revolving door, companies are turning to trained Hydras for their most menial jobs, an opal a day keeps the negative thoughts at bay, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Betelguesa's national animal is the Hydra, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- : Betelguesa was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, an opal a day keeps the negative thoughts at bay.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, companies are turning to trained Hydras for their most menial jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, government bureaucrats spend six hours per day justifying a six-hour workday.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, the newest shade developed by Betelguesa's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange'.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, school kids who pretend to drive imaginary cars get a social worker and a police observer assigned to them.
- : Following new legislation in Betelguesa, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Pirataria, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, New Zest, Polgaria, Poquaoi, Arqhua, Agapetopia, Lethen, Liberepublia, Ipsonasia, 1Grasslandia, Avok Island, Murden, --Neo-America--, Brickfield, Gabingston, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Purgitz, Coulthos, Mancheseva City, Igueranel, United Kingdoms of Redania, Gooblaria, Aexnidaral, Old Aweic Wirs, Elaeria, Abassyia, Tomaenia, United-Marrshmallows, Acapais, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Arvigiel, New Peoples Empire, Troph Evinia, IrisTheFlower, Eloscape, South Eastern Centralia, Dat Countreh, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Trackeendy, Mikkazuki, Avendia, Twilight Ways, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Clialaad, Zangc, Nesshhinn, and 40 others.Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Greatnessity City, Vaioretta, Sophos Saltus, Winnak, Desrouleaux, Chadaria, Uniarq, North is Better, Damnlandia, Emastalia, Morongia, Zintibia, Illangdonall, Estingberg, Gvunaz, Federal Republic of Respondia, Estanglia, Purple Ruthenia, New Sickled, Saarland-Niederbayern, Gulibia, Clan MacNeal, Ikheria, Yahwasia, Anachnu, Upper Prestina, Utopian Earth, Verteger, The United Peoples of Centrism, Maowi, Caffeinated, Ajaccino, Deathfall, New Sosnowiec, Zaeka, Sevanorea, Foril, and Kingdom of Stargard.